26 July 2010

Sweet Embrace

Disclaimer: This post is a repost of the string of mobile posts that didn't quite turn out correctly. We're hoping to get a new post together hear soon.

Well, friends, the journey has begun. A few have already arrived at our final destination; I'm sitting in Chicago waiting on my next flight; and the rest will be departing from Memphis in just a few short hours.

In an effort to pass the time, I thought I would enlighten you on just a few of the things that have been on my mind lately.

I guess I should first confess that the stress of traveling and leaving "life as I know it" behind for a while still has me feeling a little overwhelmed. BUT the excitement that comes when the anticipation of arriving gives way to the reality of arriving at a place you hold so dear is beginning to drown out everything else... even the intense hustle and bustle of O'Hare.

The thoughts of the sweet embraces bring a smile to my face and an inexplicable joy to my heart.

To say I am blessed is an overwhelming understatement. And I have a feeling that the rest of our mission team would say the same.

We are blessed to be called by the Lord to this mission in this year.

We are blessed with family, friends, and coworkers who support and encourage us in our mission to bring the Gospel to Nairn. They give us the freedom to do so while taking care of things back at home and work while we're away.

We are blessed to be members of a church that preaches the Gospel.

We are blessed to be part of a church that sends it's members out into their community and the world to share the Gospel.

We are blessed by the relationships that have been built over the years... Blessed both as individuals and as a church.

Please take time to pray for this mission. Last I heard, there are already 50 kids registered for Holiday Club. Please pray for the hearts of these kids... that they would be receptive to the Gospel, that their eyes and ears will be open to see and hear the Gospel that a generation of Christians would be raised up. Pray for the members of the Nairn community that have worked hard in preparation for this week. Pray that they would be energized as holiday club commences and pray that we can be an encouragement to them in their faith and in their mission to love and serve their community. Pray that relationships would be built and that those relationships that already exist would only grow stronger. Just pray that the Lord would bless this week, bless our mission and bless the town of Nairn. And as our church home faithfully lives out it's mission, there are two other groups in the mission field this week. Please pray also for our senior high students as they are in Peru and in London this week, faithfully serving our Lord and those communities.

We earnestly covet your prayers and appreciate the love, support and encouragement you give.

Please be patient for updates as I am unaware of exactly what kind of Internet access I will have. But I will update as often as I can.

Cheers, until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment